Top 5 tips to stay hydrated this summer
The amount of water in the body of an adult human being averages around 57 %. Water is needed for body cells to function properly, regulation of body temperature, waste removal and several other vital body functions. Severe dehydration can lead to serious complications, such as kidney and urinary problems or heat injury that can even result in life-threatening heatstroke, to name just few. Therefore, it is essential to keep our bodies hydrated during the hot summer months.
1. Drink enough water: The most common advice is to drink eight glasses of water a day. However, the recommended intake of water for an individual actually depends on their age, daily activities, outside temperature, and other factors, so you might need more than eight glasses. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, add a slice of lemon or a leaf of mint and enjoy the taste of summer.
2. Treat yourself to a cup of warm tea: It might sound strange, but warm drinks can help our bodies to sweat more, leading to better evaporation, which eventually makes your body feel cooler. This means, that warm tea can help you maintain optimum body temperature during the summer.
3. Add ice cubes to your packing list: When hitting the road, your drinks can get too warm very quickly. Add few ice cubes to your favorite summer beverage before leaving your home to keep it refreshing for longer. Or, you can even put the entire bottle in the freezer for half an hour.
4. Enrich your summer diet with fruit and vegetables: Choose foods with a high water content. Give yourself a treat with a huge slice of watermelon, freshly-pressed juice or a delicious salad made of cucumbers and tomatoes. Alternative top picks are: strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, celery, peppers, and spinach.
5. Exercise early in the morning or late in the evening: Forget about going for a run during a hot summer day. Rather stay in the shade accompanied by a delightful book or your loved ones. Leave the exercise for the coolest part of the day. You’ll see that the morning sunrise or evening breeze can add a charm to your sports activities.
Need freshness? No problem
Gorenje IonGeneration fridge freezers are designed for maximum freshness. Their IonAir with MultiFlow 360˚ technology continuously refreshes the air to simulate the natural microclimate and provide perfect storage conditions.
With smart, user-friendly functions they seamlessly adapt to your lifestyle. No matter how often you open the fridge door, AdaptTech maintains the optimal temperature and keeps your food in perfect shape, while the NoFrost Plus cooling system prevents the accumulation of frost and eliminates defrosting. Now also available with the integrated HiddenHandle.
You might also like to read: